Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

Attack of the Killer Rabbits

Among my many addresses over the years, I have lived on Flea Street (Avenida de las Pulgas) and on a street that used to be a rabbit field (Rue de Grenelle). I now live near Pico which leads me to think of pico de gallo which translates to "tip of the rooster" or rooster's beak. I occasionally imagine what life on each street would be like if the name was literal. Given my love for Monty Python (see the name of this blog, for example), I pictured killer rabbits along the streets of Paris in the 7th arrondissement attacking fashionable shoppers ("he's got a mean streak a mile wide!"). Flea Street actually was not that inaccurate a description for my place there given the hairy rodent that roommate Jeff once killed with my nine iron.

However, I never took this line of thought to a logical conclusion - all-out war between Animals and Humans. Nor was I as clever as Jeff Lewis who recently mused on just that. Some of his piece is strikingly logical while other parts are laugh-out-loud funny. I hope that the Wallace and Gromit/Chicken Run guys are paying attention because they could really do justice to Jeff's story idea. Either them or the tongue-in-cheek humor of the guys who made Shaun of the Dead.

http://www.babblog.com/Feb_06/021906_JL_Babble.htm
http://www.babblog.com/Mar_06/031806_JL_Babble.htm

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?