Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

Chinese president visits Microsoft

Chinese president Hu Jintao and his entourage stopped at Microsoft HQ in the Seattle area yesterday on their way to Washington for a summit meeting with President Bush. Hu met with Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer among other Microsoft execs.

By itself, this event is not worthy of a comment. However, some photos of the visit have been posted on the web and Valleywag wrote some very funny captions.

http://www.valleywag.com/tech/bill-gates/chinas-president-visits-microsoft-168376.php

I love the Steve Ballmer "sneezing orc" comment. He also does a passable impression of Peter Boyle. Can he do a soft shoe to "Puttin on the Ritz"?

If the Chinese contingent had visited IBM HQ in Armonk, Sam Palmisano could have said, "I earned a nice $5.175 million bonus last year and have negotiated a pension that will pay me $10,000 per day when I retire. I impressed the Board and Wall Street very much by selling off businesses like the PC company. Thank you Lenovo and thank you China for helping to make my dreams come true!"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?