Friday, August 04, 2006

 

Noodling

There is a sport that is popular in some Midwest and Southern states (including Oklahoma, Tennessee and Louisiana) in which a person catches catfish with nothing but his or her hands. The person goes underwater and places his hand inside a discovered catfish hole, then uses his arm as bait to entice the fish. If all goes as planned, the catfish will swim forward and latch onto the fisherman's hand and arm. It is called noodling.

I have to admit that I was unaware of it growing up in Oklahoma but I sure knew people who had the mindset to be good noodlers. What do you expect from a state that also hosts the national rattlesnake hunt? I might expect that a certain amount of liquid courage is involved to numb the pain.

Anyway, I think noodlers are nuts. After reading this story, you probably will too - http://tinyurl.com/npsjf

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?