Sunday, September 23, 2007

 

An Extraordinary Lecture

Randy Pausch is a 46 year-old computer science professor at Carnegie Mellon University. He has terminal cancer. He was asked to participate in a lecture series on campus where faculty talk about their inspirations and passions - what has driven their life and their work. He delivered a lecture filled with joy, insight, humor. pathos and love. Right up there with Jim Valvano's talk at the ESPYs. My favorite of his lessons learned “Wait long enough, and people will surprise and impress you.” I did not know this man at all but he gave me a great gift today.

It lasts 104 minutes and I stayed to the very end. I defy anyone to watch it with a dry eye. You can watch it here

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?