Saturday, September 29, 2007

 

Saturn ad

Do you hate to deal with high pressure car salespeople? Always think they are taking advantage of you? GM's Saturn division was supposed to counter that stereotype. Since the brand was created over 20 years ago they have promoted their no-haggle pricing and no pressure sales environments. However a new ad makes me question if their ad agency understands this.

Saturn is using a song by Badfinger in their tv ads. These are the lyrics that you hear - "If you want it, here it is come and get it/Mmmm, make your mind up fast."

Here are lyrics from that song that you don't hear on the ad - "Did I hear you say that there must be a catch? Will you walk away from a fool and his money."

Yes, that is what I imagine a car salesperson is thinking as they approach a customer - will I walk away from this fool and his money? Not if I want that big month-end bonus!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?